Our Mountain Bikes
We know it may sound like a cliche and we are sure that you have heard this one before but we proud ourselves to have some of the best bikes available in Indonesia. We haven't found any other companies that are this bike crazy :) We are mountain bikers ourselves and we hate to waste a great riding opportunity due to a not so great bike.
We have a fleet of 15 Giant ATX Pro hardtail bikes, 20 Giant Trance full suspension bikes, 10 Giant Anthem and 10 Giant Reign bikes. For those of you that like 29'er wheels we have a few 29'' Giant Anthems available in size S and M. All these bikes are very well maintained and get checked & serviced every time before they go out. Most recently we now also stock Giant Reign 27,5 bikes in size S and M and Giant Trance 27,5 bikes in size M and L.
Bike Size Specifics:
Size S: Giant ATX 26'' or Giant Trance 26'' or Giant Anthem 29'' or Giant Reign 27,5''
Size M: Giant ATX 26'' or Giant Trance 26'' and 27,5 or Giant Anthem 29'' or Giant Reign 27,5''
Size L: Giant ATX 26'' or Giant Trance 27,5'' or Giant Reign 27,5 or Specialized FSR 29''
We also have various kids bikes available with 20inch and 24inch wheels. For added comfort you may consider bringing your own seat and pedals which we can easily fit onto our bikes. Please let us know your height at the time of booking so we can prepare and reserve the correct bike size for you. Our bikes come standard with flat pedals but we do have Shimano SPD pedals available as well. We do not have riding shoes available.
BRINGING YOUR OWN BIKE
We know that many of you will want to bring your own bike. Especially for multiple day rides it is always nice to have your own mountain bike because you will be familiar with its handling in demanding terrain and you will also have the fit (controls, stem, seat, seat post, cleats, etc) perfectly dialled in. If you are worried about your bike we can advise on its suitability. Any hard tail or full suspension XC/Trail bikes are ideal. Any bike weighing much over 15kg is going to be hard work. We can send our support truck to the airport to collect your bikes and transfer to your hotel. (30US$ per truck, maximum 6 bike boxes, transfers to the Southern beach area's). Please note that for our longer tours airport pick up including bikes is included. Please contact us for details and availability.
If you bring your own mountain bike to Bali, some other things to consider are:
• We recommend 100mm (4inch) travel forks as a minimum and 160mm (6inch) as a maximum.
• Very heavy downhill specific or extreme free ride bikes are not suitable for the tours that we offer.
• Any gear ratios are fine so long as you are able to pedal up big hills.
• extra wide knobby/downhill tires will be hard work. (1,9 - 2,3 will be ideal)
• Bash guards are not essential.
• A spare derailleur hanger is a must have accessory.
• Bring lots of spare inner tubes and repair kit.
• Service your bike before you get here.
• Latex solution in the inner tubes, or tire liners both work well to prevent punctures. Better still, tubeless.