CANGGU TO THE MOUNTAINS & AND BACK - LONG DISTANCE XC
We will start our bike ride just outside of the coastal town of Canggu and head North into the Tabanan province. This area of Bali is not frequently visited by tourist and will simply take your breath away. We will ride through charming local villages, rice paddy fields and mountain scenery. The first section is about 45km and there is a lot of uphill but at an easy gradient, well most of the time :) Lunch today is at the Unesco listed rice paddy field terraces of Jaliluwih located at 700m altitude. After lunch we head back South for another 45km towards Canggu where the tour concludes. On average the tour finishes around 2.30pm to 3pm depending on how fast we cycle and how many breaks we take.
- Guided bike tour with charming, knowledgeable senior guide
- Quality hardtail mountain bike with flat or spd pedals, safety helmet, gloves (*option to bring your own bike of course)
- Local snacks, fruit, lunch, drinking water, and isotonic drinks
- Pick up and drop off transfers from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Sanur, Legian areas)
- Vehicle support during the ride
- Our passion and experience :)
Minimum 2 people to confirm a new departure. If you are a solo rider please check with us for our latest schedule of confirmed day rides. Of course we welcome solo riders and we always have plenty of rides confirmed every week. Actually more than 50% of our bookings come from solo riders! It just works a lot more efficient to get little groups together instead of going out for only one person. The busy parts of Bali are already congested enough with pollution from cars and traffic jams and we want to do our share in keeping our beautiful island more enjoyable. We thank you for your support and understanding.
- Technical: 3/5
- Physical: 4/5
Intermediate: Tours are suitable for riders with a good fitness level. Trail surfaces are a wide mix between paved roads, broken tarmac roads, but may include some uneven terrain, narrow trails and some single track. Climbs and descents are moderate but require some skill. Riders with minimal mountain bike experience but who have good road biking skills and a strong fitness level, along with an adventurous spirit, should be suitable for our intermediate gravel road bike tours.
Fully supported bike day tour. Maximum 4 riders per car and we provide 1 senior cycling guide per maximum 5 guest.
XC and broken tarmac roads. We cycle about 90km on small paved back roads, narrow concrete paths, beautiful single track and some sections of dirt tracks. You should have reasonable bike skills to be able to navigate the varying terrain and narrow tracks. You should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for cycling for this ride.
- Total distance: 90km
- Altitude at the starting point: 0m
- Altitude at the finish point: 0m
- Climbing meters: 1000m (highest point is 700m absl)
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Nusa Dua, Seminyak, Sanur, Legian, Canggu and Kuta area's: 07.00am, expect to be back at your hotel around 04.00pm (but this may be variable by group)
We can organise pick up transfers in Ubud (08.00am) for a minimum of 2 people booking.
2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bikes.
The bikes come with standard with flat pedals but we also have Shimano spd pedals available.
Need to rent shoes? We now have Shimano spd shoes available (Shimano ME2) that can be rented at IDR100,000 (US$7) per day. We have sizes 42,43,44 and 45.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
The price for our day rides depend on with how many people you will book (at the same pick up address) and if you will be using your own bike or our hard tail bikes.
01-03 People per Booking per Person
- US$70 or 1,000.000IDR - (own bike)
- US$99 or 1,350,000IDR - (2019 Polgon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike)
04 People and more per Booking per Person
- US$60 or 850.000IDR - (own bike)
- US$86 or 1,200,000IDR - (2019 Polgon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike)
Children up to 16 years old per Person
- US$58 or 800.000IDR (smallest size we have is size XS with 27,5 wheels)
** If you book a minimum of 2 day rides within a period of 7 days you get a discount of IDR100,000 (US$7) per person/day. For this discount to apply full payment for all rides must be done in advance through PayPal.
Payments can be done through:
- PayPal (US$, the Indonesian Rupiah is not supported by PayPal)
- Credit Card (Indonesian Rupiah)
- Cash to your guide on the morning of your ride in IDR (we can only accept cash payments in local currency)
Please indicate on the booking form what method of payment you prefer and we will send you a PayPal request or Credit Card invoice.
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS
If you have any questions or inquiries you can do so by calling our office or by filling out the 'CONTACT US' form below. Someone of our team will be in touch shortly. You can also 'live chat' with us through the chat window on our website (10am to 07pm, GMT +8).
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below or by calling to our office at +62 (0) 361 8476 478 or mobile +62 (0) 82 147 910 102.