CANGGU TO THE MOUNTAINS & AND BACK - LONG DISTANCE XC
We will start our bike ride just outside of the coastal town of Canggu and head North into the Tabanan province. This area of Bali is not frequently visited by tourist and will simply take your breath away. We will ride through charming local villages, rice paddy fields and mountain scenery. The first section is about 45km and there is a lot of uphill but at an easy gradient, well most of the time :) Lunch today is at the Unesco listed rice paddy field terraces of Jaliluwih located at 700m altitude. After lunch we head back South for another 45km towards Canggu where the tour concludes. On average the tour finishes around 2.30pm to 3pm depending on how fast we cycle and how many breaks we take.
- Guided bike tour with charming, knowledgeable senior guide
- Quality hardtail mountain bike with flat or spd pedals, safety helmet, gloves (*option to bring your own bike of course)
- Local snacks, fruit, lunch, drinking water, and isotonic drinks
- Pick up and drop off transfers from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Sanur, Legian areas)
- Vehicle support during the ride
- Our passion and experience :)
Our day rides run with an average from 1-4 people and the price depends on how many people are joining the ride in the same minivan.
Larger groups are of course welcome as well! Please contact us for availability.
- Technical: 3/5
- Physical: 4/5
Intermediate: Tours are suitable for riders with a good fitness level. Trail surfaces are a wide mix between paved roads, broken tarmac roads, but may include some uneven terrain, narrow trails and some single track. Climbs and descents are moderate but require some skill. Riders with minimal mountain bike experience but who have good road biking skills and a strong fitness level, along with an adventurous spirit, should be suitable for our intermediate gravel road bike tours.
Fully supported bike day tour. Maximum 4 riders per car and we provide 1 senior cycling guide per maximum 5 guest.
XC and broken tarmac roads. We cycle about 90km on small paved back roads, narrow concrete paths, beautiful single track and some sections of dirt tracks. You should have reasonable bike skills to be able to navigate the varying terrain and narrow tracks. You should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for cycling for this ride.
- Total distance: 90km
- Altitude at the starting point: 0m
- Altitude at the finish point: 0m
- Climbing meters: 1000m (highest point is 700m absl)
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Nusa Dua, Seminyak, Sanur, Legian, Canggu and Kuta area's: 07.00am, expect to be back at your hotel around 04.00pm (but this may be variable by group)
We can organise pick up transfers in Ubud (08.00am) for a minimum of 2 people booking.
New model 2022 Polygon Siskiu D7 full suspension bikes. Check out the bikes on the Polygon website here.
The bikes come with standard with flat pedals but we also can mount your own pedals onto our bikes.
The price for our day rides depends on how many people are joining the ride in the same minivan:
- 01-04 People: US$100 or 1,450,000IDR per person - (2022 Polygon Siskiu D7 full suspension bike)
5 people or more: please contact us availability and group rates
** BRINGING YOUR OWN BIKE? here with your own bike in Bali or visiting from Java and bringing your own bike? From now on you can join in on any confirmed day ride at IDR750,000 per person.
This includes lunch, pick up and drop off transfers, any entrance fees, and mountain bike guide 🙏🤟
T&C for own bike prices:
- Needs to be a confirmed departure where you join in and there is enough space in the van.
- Using your own well maintained mountain bike and safety gear.
- If everyone has their own bike we need a minimum of 3 people booking to confirm a new departure (for this ride we need a minimum of 3 people booking, all other rides are minimum 2)
Payments can be done through:
- Domestic bank transfer in IDR
- Cash to your guide on the morning of your ride in IDR (we can only accept cash payments in local currency)
Please indicate on the booking form what method of payment you prefer.
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS
If you have any questions or inquiries you can do so by calling our office or by filling out the 'CONTACT US' form below. Someone of our team will be in touch shortly. You can also 'live chat' with us through the chat window on our website (10am to 07pm, GMT +8).
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below or by WA to our office mobile +62 (0) 822 4703 1111.