CULTURAL UBUD - SOFT ADVENTURE
Tegalalang Rice fields - Tirta Empul - Cycle 4km - Gunung Kawi Temple - Cycle 15km - Goa Garba Temple - Cycle 10km - Lunch - Tegenungan Waterfall
This amazing day tour is designed for people who would like to experience many of the cultural highlights that Ubud and surroundings has to offer. We will visit 5 unique places combined with a beautiful 25 to 30km bicycle ride in between three of the sights. The riding is not difficult and goes along quiet back roads through local villages, rice paddy fields and amazing country side terrain.
We will pick you up in the South of Bali around 7am or 08am if you are staying in Ubud. First stop will be the amazing rice field terraces of Tegalalang. From here we transfer with our support vehicle to Tirta Empul. For more than a thousand years, Balinese worshipers have been drawn to Tirta Empul Temple whose sacred spring is said to have healing powers.
Our bicycle ride will start from here and it's only a short 5km to the next stop which is the Gunung Kawi Temple. This temple is one of Bali's oldest and largest ancient monuments. Gunung Kawi consists of 10 shrines cut out of the rock face in imitation of actual statues.
We will continue our bike ride with a beautiful 15km section to the Goa Garba Temple. Even to this day, Goa Garba is frequented as a place of meditation. It is estimated to have been built in the 12th century during the reign of King Jaya Pangus.
Here we start the final section of our bike ride, this can be another 5 to 10km long depending on how the group is doing. Next we will enjoy a fresh young coconut and if we are lucky we can witness the local farmer climb up the tree to cut down the coconuts.
Final stop of the day is the Tegenungan Waterfall which is unique for its lush green surroundings and heavy water flow, perfect for swimming and enjoying the fresh water after a full and amazing day out.
- Guided mountain bike tour with charming, knowledgeable senior mountain bike guide
- Quality mountain bike with flat or spd pedals, safety helmet, gloves (*option to bring your own bike of course)
- Local snacks, fruit, lunch, drinking water, and isotonic drinks
- Pick up and drop off transfers from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Sanur, Legian and Ubud areas)
- Vehicle support during the ride
- Entrance fees Tirta Empul, Gunung Kawi, Goa Garba and Tegenungan
- Our passion and experience :)
Minimum 2 people to confirm a new departure. If you are a solo rider please check with us for our latest schedule of confirmed day rides. Of course we welcome solo riders and we always have plenty of rides confirmed every week. Actually more than 50% of our bookings come from solo riders! It just works a lot more efficient to get little groups together instead of going out for only one person. The busy parts of Bali are already congested enough with pollution from cars and traffic jams and we want to do our share in keeping our beautiful island more enjoyable. We thank you for your support and understanding.
Easy/Green: Tours are suitable for riders with an average fitness level that engage in some form of regular exercise. Descent are typically of short duration and if needed can be easily walked. Most of the riding is done on quiet back roads, You do need to watch out for the occasional obstacle such as potholes and sections of broken tarmac. Everyone that feels comfortable riding and handling a bicycle should be able to enjoy these rides.
Cultural biking tour
Soft Adventure Cycling. We cycle about 25km on flat quiet back roads. You should have reasonable bike skills to be able to navigate the varying terrain. You should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for cycling for this ride. Please note that there are plenty of steps to reach the cultural sites.
- Total distance: 25 to 30km
- Altitude at the starting point: 300m
- Altitude at the finish point: 200m
- Climbing meters: 50m
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Nusa Dua, Seminyak, Kuta, Legian, Canggu and Sanur area's: 07.00am, Ubud area's: 08,00am, expect to be back at your hotel around 04.00pm (but this may be variable by group)
Kids bikes with 20inch or 24 inch wheels, adult bikes 2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hardtail bikes, 2020 Polygon Siskiu T7 full suspension bikes. More details here.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
The price for our day rides depend on with how many people you will book (at the same pick up address) and what type of mountain bike you will be using (own bike, hard tail or full suspension).
01-03 People per Booking per Person
- US$75 or 1,000,000IDR - (own bike)
- US$99 or 1,350,000IDR - (2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike, 2020 Polygon Siskiu T series full suspension bike, 2020 Woman size S Path E-bike)
04 People and more per Booking per Person
- US$65 or 850.000IDR - (own bike)
- US$88 or 1,200,000IDR - (2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike, 2020 Polygon Siskiu T series full suspension bike, 2020 Woman size S Path E-bike)
Children up to 16 years old
- US$60 or 800.000IDR - (kids bike with 20 or 24 inch wheels, adult bikes in size XS with 27,5 wheels suitable for kids from 148cm or any regular adult size bikes)
- US$12 or 150.000IDR - (children between 1 and 4 years old that come along in a baby seat that we can attach at the back of our bikes (suitable for toddlers up to 20kg)
** Private groups of 7 people and more please contact us for group prices and availability.
** If you book a minimum of 2 day rides within a period of 7 days you get a discount of IDR100,000 (US$7) per person/day. For this discount to apply full payment for all rides must be done in advance through PayPal.
Payments can be done through:
- PayPal (US$, the Indonesian Rupiah is not supported by PayPal)
- Credit Card (Indonesian Rupiah)
- Cash to your guide on the morning of your ride in IDR (we can only accept cash payments in local currency)
Please indicate on the booking form what method of payment you prefer and we will send you a PayPal request or Credit Card invoice.
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS
If you have any questions or inquiries you can do so by calling our office or by filling out the 'CONTACT US' form below. Someone of our team will be in touch shortly. You can also 'live chat' with us through the chat window on our website (10am to 07pm, GMT +8).
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below or by calling to our office at +62 (0) 361 8476 478 or mobile +62 (0) 82 147 910 102.