Mount Batur to Ubud Off Road
This bike ride is our most popular one-day ride! Our guide and driver will pick you up at your villa / hotel and drive you up to Mount Batur where you will enjoy the spectacular views overlooking the volcano. Expect one of Bali's most amazing views.
From here the adventure begins. We will ride off road on an amazing mix of terrain all the way to down to Ubud. You will experience bamboo forest, some single track though the rice paddy fields, great flowing downhill dirt tracks, jeep tracks, farm trails, broken tarmac roads and small paved lanes and back roads through the local villages. This day ride is just right, not too hard and not too easy!
- Guided mountain bike tour with charming, knowledgeable senior mountain bike guide
- Quality mountain bike with flat or spd pedals, safety helmet, gloves (*option to bring your own bike of course)
- Local snacks, fruit, lunch, drinking water, and isotonic drinks
- Pick up and drop off transfers from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Sanur, Legian and Ubud areas)
- Vehicle support during the ride
- Our passion and experience :)
Minimum 2 people to confirm a new departure. If you are a solo rider please check with us for our latest schedule of confirmed day rides. Of course we welcome solo riders and we always have plenty of rides confirmed every week. Actually more than 50% of our bookings come from solo riders! It just works a lot more efficient to get little groups together instead of going out for only one person. The busy parts of Bali are already congested enough with pollution from cars and traffic jams and we want to do our share in keeping our beautiful island more enjoyable. We thank you for your support and understanding.
Green with some sections Blue.
Intermediate: Tours are suitable for riders with good fitness level. Trail surfaces may include uneven terrain and narrow trails, some single track, with occasional obstacles (roots, rocks, sand). Hills and descents are moderate and require some skill. Riders with minimal mountain bike experience but who have road biking skills or a strong fitness level, along with an adventurous spirit, should be suitable for an intermediate tour.
If you are not sure on which track to choose between our 'On Road' and 'Off Road' Mount Batur to Ubud rides please note that both these rides are in the same area's and we can switch easily from one to the other. Our recommendation would be to try a few of the off road sections and if you don't like it or it's above your skill levels we can switch to the easier version. But most people always stay on the off road track.
Off road trail ride, nothing technical but lots of fun!
Cross Country mountain biking. We cycle about 35km on any terrain imaginable, this is a great introduction into off road mountain biking. Nothing technical but lots of fun. You should have reasonable bike skills to be able to navigate the varying terrain. You should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for cycling for this ride.
- Total distance: 35km
- Altitude at the starting point: 1,200m
- Altitude at the finish point: 300m
- Climbing meters: 250m
PICK UP AND DROP OFF
Nusa Dua area's: 07.00am, Seminyak, Canggu, Sanur and Kuta areas: 07.30am, Ubud area's: 08.30am, expect to be back at your hotel around 04.00pm (but this may be variable by group).
Kids bikes with 20inch or 24 inch wheels, adult bikes 2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hardtail bikes, 2020 Polygon Women Path E5 E bikes (size S only), 2020 Polygon Siskiu T7 and T8 full suspension bikes. More details here. bikes come with standard with flat pedals but we also have Shimano spd pedals available.
Need to rent shoes? We now have Shimano spd shoes available (Shimano ME2) that can be rented at IDR100,000 (US$7) per day. We have sizes 42,43,44 and 45.
PRICES AND AVAILABILITY
The price for our day rides depend on with how many people you will book (at the same pick up address) and what type of mountain bike you will be using (own bike, hard tail or full suspension).
01-03 People per Booking per Person
- US$75 or 1,000.000IDR - ((2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike or 2020 Woman size S Path E-bike)
- US$99 or 1,350,000IDR - (2020 Polygon Siskiu T full suspension bike)
04 People and more per Booking per Person
- US$68 or 900.000IDR - (2019 Polygon Xtrada 7 hard tail bike or 2020 Woman size S Path E-bike)
- US$88 or 1,200,000IDR - (2020 Polygon Siskiu T full suspension bike)
Children up to 16 years old
- US$60 or 800.000IDR - (kids bike with 20, 24, 26 inch wheels, adult bikes in size XS with 27,5 wheels suitable for children from 148cm, or any regular adult bikes)
- US$12 or 150.000IDR - (children between 1 and 4 years old that come along in a baby seat that we can attach at the back of our bikes (suitable for toddlers up to 20kg)
** Private groups of 6 people or more please contact us for group prices and availability.
** If you book a minimum of 2 day rides within a period of 7 days you get a discount of IDR100,000 (US$7) per person/day. For this discount to apply full payment for all rides must be done in advance through PayPal.
Payments can be done through:
- PayPal (US$, the Indonesian Rupiah is not supported by PayPal)
- Credit Card (Indonesian Rupiah)
- Cash to your guide on the morning of your ride in IDR (we can only accept cash payments in local currency)
Please indicate on the booking form what method of payment you prefer and we will send you a PayPal request or Credit Card invoice.
INQUIRIES AND BOOKINGS
If you have any questions or inquiries you can do so by calling our office or by filling out the 'CONTACT US' form below. Someone of our team will be in touch shortly. You can also 'live chat' with us through the chat window on our website (10am to 07pm, GMT +8).
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below or by calling to our office at +62 (0) 361 8476 478 or mobile +62 (0) 82 147 910 102.
REVIEW ABOUT THIS TRIP
"My dad, girl friend and I recently did the intermediate off-road day ride from Mt. Batur to Ubud. It was my dad's second time booking with Infinity and Molly and I's first time. We had a fantastic ride with our guide Mr. Artha through the trails and rice paddies. We were more than happy with the driver, snacks and lunch, as well as our Giant Bikes which performed very well (Molly now wants to buy a Giant bike back in Canada). Thanks to everyone at Infinity, we would definitely recommend booking with them and will hopefully be able to go on another ride with them soon!"