Canggu to the Mountains
We will start our bike ride just outside of the coastal town of Canggu and head North into the Tabanan province. This area of Bali is not frequently visited by tourist and will simply take your breath away. We will ride through charming local villages, rice paddy fields and mountain scenery. The first section is about 45km and there is a lot of uphill but at an easy gradient, well most of the time :) Lunch today is at the Unesco listed rice paddy field terraces of Jaliluwih located at 700m altitude. After lunch we head back South for another 45km towards Canggu where the tour concludes. On average the tour finishes around 3-4pm depending on how fast we cycle and how many breaks we take.
- Guided bike tour with charming, knowledgeable senior guide
- Quality hard tail OR E-mountain bikes with flat or spd pedals, safety helmet, gloves (*option to bring your own bike of course)
- Local snacks, fruit, lunch, drinking water, and isotonic drinks
- Pick up and drop off transfers from your hotel (Seminyak, Kuta, Nusa Dua, Canggu, Sanur, Legian areas)
- Vehicle support during the ride
- Our passion and experience :)
Larger groups are of course welcome as well! Please contact us for availability.
Intermediate: Tours are suitable for riders with a good fitness level. Trail surfaces are a wide mix between paved roads, broken tarmac roads, but may include some uneven terrain, narrow trails and some single track. Climbs and descents are moderate but require some skill. Riders with minimal mountain bike experience but who have good road biking skills and a strong fitness level, along with an adventurous spirit, should be suitable for our intermediate gravel road bike tours.
XC and broken tarmac roads. We cycle about 90km on small paved back roads, narrow concrete paths, beautiful single track and some sections of dirt tracks. You should have reasonable bike skills to be able to navigate the varying terrain and narrow tracks. You should wear comfortable shoes appropriate for cycling for this ride.
- Total distance: 90km
- Altitude at the starting point: 0m
- Altitude at the finish point: 0m
- Climbing meters: 1000m (highest point is 700m absl)
Pick Up & Drop Off
We can organise pick up transfers in Ubud (08.00am) for a minimum of 4 people booking.
New model 2022 Polygon 29'er hard tail bikes, 2022 Polygon Siskiu D full suspension bikes or 2022 Polygon hard tail E-bikes. The bikes come with standard with flat pedals but we also can mount your own pedals onto our bikes.
** From 2022 September 01 we now have 2022 Polygon hardtail E-bikes available as well. These are pedal-assisted e-bikes and work as any regular bicycles, but when you pedal the electric engine assists in moving the bike forward. Our E-bikes are suitable for all of our scenic and intermediate tours but not for any of our advanced rides.
Prices & Availability
The price for our day rides depends on how many people are joining the ride in the same minivan:
- 2-4 People: US$100 or 1,450,000IDR per person - (2022 Polygon 29'er hard tail mountain bikes or 2022 Polygon hard tail E-bikes).
5 people or more: please contact us availability and group rates
** BRINGING YOUR OWN BIKE? here with your own bike in Bali or visiting from Java and bringing your own bike? From now on you can join in on any confirmed day ride at US$60 or IDR850,000 per person.
This includes lunch, pick up and drop off transfers, any entrance fees, and mountain bike guide.
T&C for own bike prices:
- Needs to be a confirmed departure where you join in and there is enough space in the van.
- Using your own well maintained mountain bike and safety gear.
- If everyone has their own bike we need a minimum of 2 people booking to confirm a new departure
Payments can be done through:
- Domestic bank or Wise transfer (IDR)
- Credit card through PayPal, if you don't have a PayPal account you will still be able to pay with your credit/debit card through the online link we send you (US$
- Cash on the day of the ride, for last minute bookings only (IDR)
Please indicate on the booking form what method of payment you prefer.
After completing the booking form, we will sent you an online payment link, once we have received your payment through bank transfer or credit card using PayPal your booking is confirmed. We can allow cash payments as well (IDR) for last minute bookings where we still have space available (subject to availability).
Inquiries & Bookings
Bookings can be made online through the 'BOOK NOW' form below or by WA to our office mobile +62 (0) 822 4703 1111.